whats up with my HD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
For some reason my HDz keep messing up on me on my 7th RMA now from maxtor. i highly dont think that every HD they send me is crappy. what can be the problem? i have the case open i have 4 fans i defrag. for some reason am thinking my power supply can be causeing to mess up. Can someone tell me what do to stop these dang hdz from crashin on me every 2 months

you may want to provide a little more details on what your computer is and if possible the next drive try in another computer. I am a hard ware tech for a major corp. and most of the drives that we have go bad seem to be maxtors. what size is the drive and model.

Yea, i've read a lot about maxtors... mostly good things but i've also seen reviews and posts about drives going bad quickly, like tech4hire said, post your specs so someone can give you some better help

Ok just saying your drive is crapping out doesn't explain much. what exactly is your system doing? what exactly is your system?

If you've replaced your drive 7 times and you are still having problems then guess what- your HDD is not the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom