Whats a RnR???

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom2playa

In Runtime
my motherboard isnt detecting my soundcard, someone asked me if i did a RnR on my soundcard. Does anyone know what a RnR is ???

Not detecting, that sucks. You aren't talking about an ISA card hopefully? Cause XP doesn't detect any of my ISA cards either. Win2kPro did. Haven't solved that problem yet.

Did you run the "new hardware" wizard?

this is what happened, i was told that if i update my bios, sometimes it fixes the temperature issue with my abit board.after flashing and rebooting i noticed i had no sound, i've tried everything reintalling the drivers, pulled the card out put it back in, nothing works.the worst part about this is the flashin my bios did fix my temperature reading problem.

My 2 cents:

Your BIOS is using default settings caused u flashed it. Make sure onboard sound is disabled.

Or try removing the card from system devices if its still lsited there. Then reboot.

EDIT: Or re-install the old BIOS, if you can find it or saved a backup to your floppy/HD.

did u try isntalling into different PCI slots (did you check DM for any sort of unknown devices??). May try safe mode for any ghost hardware (not detected in normal mode, but finds duplicate hardware and missing hardware in safe mode). If it find any unknown devices or your snd card there remove/uninstall and reboot. Also, is it that windows sees it and the driver cd does not, vice-a-versa or neither one recognizes it? Try Driver Cleaner and see if it works in removing any lingering driver files and registry entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom