whats going on with my computer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwingduck

In Runtime
wtf is wrong wit this computer? if you all read my thread about when i bought my computer to best buy cuz it was shutting itself off and turn back on( ENDLESS REBOOT) i had this problem for about three weeks. and still it would nt work. i bought my comp to best buy three times, all for the same problem, the first time they said it needed to be reformatted and restored, did that, five days later did the same thing again. bought back to them and they did the same crap again when i picked itup it worked fine for 5 hours, bought it back to them the same day, they ordered a system diagnostics . when that was done they reformmated and restored again(dumbasses) worked fine for one day, bought back to them the next morning and order a system diagnostics of the hardware again(pissed off).

alright when i went back to pick it up they said it needed a new mobo and cpu, up to this point i paid 150 bucks, and i was tired of them cheating me out of my moneyso i said **** it ill do this myself and i orered a new mobo, cpu, fan, and a new vid card and case, cuz the case i already had was a mini tower from compaq. alright so i just got all my stuff yesterday, i havent put anythin together. keep in mind that my old comp has still been doing the endless reboot. now i turned on my computer(the endless reboot one) and its working fine , it didnt even turn off once since last night upp till this morning.

what the hell is going on with this thing, i havent been able to use this comp for weeks and now it works all fine and dandy. but i suspect this is temporarily. after best buy had reformmated my comp and stuff it worked fine for 3 days and always did the endless reboot on a sunday.

i scanned my comp for viruses(none)
so what do i do now???

it does nothing before the reboots i use to get exe application has failed and windows needs to shut itself off, but after out of no where it just turns itself off

Check Event Viewer (Control Pan -> Admin Tools -> Event Viewer) and check the system part for errors that ocurred at the same time as the reboots. Check the appname of the failing application and uninstall it (if it isn't a system prog).

ok theres to many stuff thats in the log to check, its a long ass list of info and errors
Then I'd suspect your answer lies somewhere in there. If not, has a bad PSU been suggested to you yet? A bad PSU with fluctuating rails can easily cause system instability and random restarts. Maybe you should put together your new computer with the PSU from the computer that reboots constantly, and if the new computer you built restarts too then you know damn well it's the PSU. If not try memtest86 to test your memory, don't do the burn in test via sisoftware sandra or prime95 and count on them to give you correct results. A Computer randomly restarting is usually:

Bad RAM
Bad PSU
Too far Overclocked CPU

Generally if you had a bad HD, then the computer probably wouldn't boot at all, but I suppose it's something else you could take into consideration. At this point all you can really do is mix and match components until you find the one that's causing you your trouble. Taking it to best buy and having them reformat all 3 times was basically worthless and I thought you said you were going to stop after the 2nd time you did it.

Since you don't plan on OC'ing and you really wouldn't get far with that 2400+ XP you should have just bought that NF7-S2G that I had. I would have given it to you for cheaper and it's not like you really needed the OC'ing options of the NF7-Sv2 but I suppose it leaves open options for the future.

Anywho that's about all I can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom