whats the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
whats the difference between memory clock and core clock on a video card?

i have a 9600 xt my memory clock is only 249 mhz and my core clokc is 500 mhz,
and my friend has a PnY geforce fx 5200 and his memory clokc is 648mhz and his core clokc is 249mhz .

who is better and why? im not good with clocking knowlodge.

Different Question

i have a 6 channel sound card just a standard one, is their a way i can have my 5.1 sound system with a headset to play sounds too? i have a logitec headset with a mic on it and it has a sound and mic "male" input on it and i wanna hear from all my speakers and in my headset. any way to do that?

Simple term.
Core clock is how fast your GPU (graphics processing unit) is running at like a CPU which is displayed as Mhz or Ghz.
Memory clock is how fast your ram on your graphics card is running at.
Now you can increase these things to make your graphics card run faster then normal this is how you overclock your graphics card.
Normally the higher the Mhz of the core or memory the better.
I suggest you donÂ’t mess with them until you know what you doing first or you could fry your card.

Neosteve

so what is more important for gaming? core clokc or memory clock? and whos would u say is better? his PnY FX 5200 128mb(648mhz memory and 249 core clock) or my 9600 xt 256 mb(259mhz memory and 500mhz core clock)

I canÂ’t really say whets more important for gaming because the memory and core work together and if you raise the one the other one will also raise a bit with it.
Id have to say your card is better even though the memory is clocked higher on the FX5200 doesnÂ’t mean its better than yours. The 9600XT has better architecture than the FX5200 making it faster and better but if you had a FX5200 as well and your memory was lets say 600mhz his card would be better than your FX5200 because both of your cards are identical and use the same architecture but his memory is running faster because its clocked higher.

Neosteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom