whats the differance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrx7

Solid State Member
i decided to take you all's advice on the video card. my next qeuastion is why are there 20 different nvidea 6800 gt's? i seen two under 400 bucks. one was a evga and one was a leadtek. they both have the same specs (as far as i can see, 256mb, 256 bit) but the leadtek card is huge.

can you all elaborate on this?

The LeadTek has a larger heatsink however, both can be overclocked to (and over) ultra speeds easily.

how do you know which is a good one? im sure some are better than others, or is it just pesonnal preferance?

when i sayu huge, i mean in size. looks like it will take up the agp slot and the pci slot beneath it.

also, how do you over clock your video card?

The LeadTek card does take up the next PCI slot underneath it. Use coolbits to access the clock frequency settings.

even if it doesn't take up the next pci slot, it goes very close to it leaving not much room, so i would leave the next one free anyway

Also if you have a PCI card right next to it you won't have a very good airflow for the cards cooling system.

i see you have that card in your sig. would you buy it again or reccomend something else?

I would buy it again, but i'll go to america to get it. It's a lot cheaper there ... lol

nvidia just makes the GPU, it's up to many different manufacturers to actually put a card together. eVGA is a good quality card manufacturer. Beyond that likes already been said they have really good OC'ing ability on the 6800GT because they put on a heatsink meant for the Ultra on a card that's less powerful, so you're able to OC it up to and possibly past Ultra speeds relatively easily.

Other than that, the differences are just the quality of the manufacturer. Some are just superior products compared to the same cards of other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom