what's this? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2005, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 53
Default what's this?

so what exactly is this "heatpipe cooler" doing and should i buy one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fanless1037.jpg (63.9 KB, 20 views)

arnold023 is offline  
Old 06-10-2005, 01:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 71

A heatsink and its meant so your computer sint as loud im guessing because its fanless

Abercrombie is offline  
Old 06-10-2005, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,010

If you want to overclock alot, than get one with a fan, that is all copper, like the Zalman 7700cu.

It keeps your CPU cool, by transfering heat from the CPU to the surrounding air.

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Trifid is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.