vid card- MSI 6600Gt PCIe
floppy- sony
cd- crappy
mobo- MSI NF4 K8N NEO4
memory- 1 gig 1/2 rosewill and 1/2crucial pc 3200

P.P. Mguire said:
ECS KT600-A Motherboard

i thought you had a shuttle board?

I don't ever recall saying i had a shuttle board but i will admit i was a little vague with my Sig before, thats why i thought i'd re do it after reading this thread.:)

Drworm2005.

Re: video card help

epyon said:
if you read my profile u see that i have a P3 that i fix up after someone threw it out. it runs great i have 1024 MB of SDRAM but my only problem is playing games. i have an ATI 7500 64MB DDR PCI. when i try to play homeworld or homeworld2 the game starts off ok but then it starts to slow down, like watching a movie in slow motion. i hate it. my board support AGP 4x. what is a decent graphics card to put in there that is not too expensive.

i know you're all thinking build a better system, well that is coming as soon as i buy all of the components.
AGP 8x cards will run in an AGP 4x motherboard. however it needs to be set to 4x. AGP 2x uses more voltage and can damage the card
depending on what you can afford, I would suggest a Geforce 5200, Ti4200, or Radeon 9600 (it would get slowed down by the CPU though)

Re: Re: video card help

apokalipse said:
AGP 8x cards will run in an AGP 4x motherboard. however it needs to be set to 4x. AGP 2x uses more voltage and can damage the card
depending on what you can afford, I would suggest a Geforce 5200, Ti4200, or Radeon 9600 (it would get slowed down by the CPU though)

i was looking at the SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon 9550SE 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X on http://www.newegg.com for $49.00 US. do you think this would work for me. i used cpu-z and i have a 4x AGP

Case- Raidmax Scorpio, 5 fans (modded for 120 out the top)
Mobo-Abit NF7
CPU-2500+ OC'd to 3200+ (of course so original :rolleyes: )
PSU-Thermaltake Sielnt PurePower 480W
Vid Card- eVGA 6600GT
Mem-1GB pc-3200 mushkin enhanced
Hard Drive-Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM
Sound-Soundblaster 5.1 Live!
DVD Drive 16x and 56x Cd Drive
Lastly Sennheiser RS-120 wireless headphones. If you need a pair, this is the pair to get.

Not top of the line but hanging in there I guess

Back
Top Bottom