What are your system specs?

I have 0 page file with 4 gigs. Trust me, even with Crysis, firefox and iTunes my ram is far from full.

hmmm

that's weird, windows complains to me that it wants to shut down X Program quite often
because it's running low on memory

but then I usually have a lot of tabs open.....

usually have firefox, windows messenger, windows media player, eset smart security, O&O defrag, adaware and random game (these are just the ones I can see in the taskbar.... no telling what else there is going on the the background)

quick screenie using 5+ GB w/o any games
2vx3j36.jpg

Did you add the RAM recently?

Because if you did, there in lies your problem.... at first it will hog most of it, then when it adapts to what you have, I forget the feature name (its Superfetch I believe)

hmm, wow. on idle vista ultimate only uses about 1.5GB of my ram. and even with crysis open it uses perhaps 3GB. so ya fat clown something is really eating some ram. i only use a 3GB page file too.

First Post :D can't have a sig so may as well put up my specs here

AMD x2 2.7Ghz
6Gb of 800 Mhz ram
Asus M2N-E-SLI
Nvidia 8800 Gts
Corsiar 750 Watt
320 Gb HDD
DVD-RW
Antec Arctic 1200

Planning on upgrading Mobo & CPU soon :D
Any ideas help must be SLI though ;)

hmm, wow. on idle vista ultimate only uses about 1.5GB of my ram. and even with crysis open it uses perhaps 3GB. so ya fat clown something is really eating some ram. i only use a 3GB page file too.

I'm only using 1.5gb of RAM until I get my PI Blacks, with a 2gb page file and aero activated. Everything's moving pretty nicely, my CPU is helping out a lot.

Then again, I haven't full blown crazy tested it yet. I'm just folding right now, but earlier it was running like a dream.

Back
Top Bottom