What is your PC used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
It appears that PCs today are quite different when you compare PCs that existed 10-20 years ago. I've actually converted my entire system into a "Home Entertainment Center" using Windows XP. Recently, I sold my CRT 20" TV and currently using my 19" Viewsonic LCD monitor as my new TV screen. I installed a new Leadtek TV Tuner card, upgraded to a wireless keyboard and mouse, and bumped up the RAM to accomodate what I'm doing.

It's great because I have the monitor sitting on the shelf where my old 20" TV once sit. Because of the wireless keyboard and mouse, my desk virutally has no clutter (with the monitor sitting on a shelf) and it looks like I have no computer in sight. In fact, I've had people wonder where my PC was since I hide all the wireless access points under my desk. They think the monitor is one of those new LCDTV. The only thing that gives it away is the monitor cable that goes across the middle of the floor to the back of my PC. Too bad they don't make a wireless connection for monitors.

well they couldn't make a wireless receiver for a monitor at our present tech, there is just too much information for one to handle, if they could right now the response time would be absolutely terrible.

school, games, music, movies, tv, browsing, communication.

pr0n
ninja.gif

i'm pretty much using it for gaming and video / music encrypting at the moment but i'm planning on making up a pc like yours just for near enough everything like tv, music, games, dvd, videos and well every other little thing you could think off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom