What was your first computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P1 with windows 3.1. Man and I thought that thing could fly back in the day. So blazing fast... Todays computer make me laugh at that though. The great wonders of inovation.

My first PC was a Gateway essential 433mhz celeron with 64mb back in 2000.
Upgraded that thing a lot before it died back in 2004.... max settings were P3 500mhz 256 SD-RAM 80gig HDD plus Nvidia TNT 2 64 MB graphics card.

Later my cocker spaniel killed it by pulling out the power cord....
Built my first PC HP brio 750mhz p3 slot one same specs like the gateway.

Now I have 3 pc's

1.Mums has her 2.8ghz celeron dell
2. I have a custom built gateway with celeron d 347 that I built back in june.
3. Last socket 462 athlon at 1800+ plan on selling this or donating to somebody who can use it.

My first PC was a Gateway essential 433mhz celeron with 64mb back in 2000.
Upgraded that thing a lot before it died back in 2004.... max settings were P3 500mhz 256 SD-RAM 80gig HDD plus Nvidia TNT 2 64 MB graphics card.

Later my cocker spaniel killed it by pulling out the power cord....
Built my first PC HP brio 750mhz p3 slot one same specs like the gateway.

Now I have 3 pc's

1.Mums has her 2.8ghz celeron dell
2. I have a custom built gateway with celeron d 347 that I built back in june.
3. Last socket 462 athlon at 1800+ plan on selling this or donating to somebody who can use it.

**** you even have a Celeron for avatar :(
Those are real crap processors, or at least were during the PII, PIII and P4 times.
Semprons are/were way better budget processors.
On the other hand, the new Pentium E series is best bang for budget buck I've ever seen.

Am I bashing you, amd or anyone else ? **** no! what in the world is your problem ? all I was stating my previous systems....
Who in the **** gives a care about celerons I like them because they have been very reliable back then and now even though just a step behind its big brother!

Go bother someone else with your intel bashing crap alright ?

**** you even have a Celeron for avatar :(
Those are real crap processors, or at least were during the PII, PIII and P4 times.
Semprons are/were way better budget processors.
On the other hand, the new Pentium E series is best bang for budget buck I've ever seen.

lmao you have a go at him for his avatar...mate who gives a crap

First PC was a TRS Model III. Cassette drive was the hard drive. 9.5" floppy drive was upgraded to after a few months. Wrote most programs in basic since there was no such thing as windows. This was the beginning of DOS. Still remember DOS 3.1 when it came out. Next upgrade was the 5.25" floppy drive, wow, twice the storage area in half the space. Next PC was a 386x16. My dad took a loan out to buy it. $3500 for it. But man, was it fast. It even had a 10g hard drive and built in 5.25" drive. The modem was great at 2400bps. We even had a choice between orange or green monchrome monitor. This was the beginning of the internet, around 1987. We used BBS(Bulletin Board System) at first until servers start popping up around 1988. Joined the Marine Corps in 1988 and got a 386x33 and 4800 bps modem. This one even had a 3.5" floppy and a 20g HDD. A few years later upgraded to a 486x66 and had windows 3.1. Woot, fastest pc yet and internet with a 9600bps modem and 40g HDD and my first color monitor.:D After that we get into the Pentium I. Those were the good ole days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom