What video card to get - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default What video card to get

Every day somebody asks this same question, and everybody replies with the same answer: Get a NVIDIA 6600GT. Nobody ever recommends anything else. Why don't we make this a sticky so nobody else asks this same question over and over and over and get the same answer over and over and over. It's always going to be the same answer.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

It wont always be the same answer however

Old 07-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Angriest of Amoebas

People won't be able to get the same answer over and over and over. Depending on what people want to do with their computer, is what most of us base our decisions on. For someone that has an unlimited budget and is a hardcore gamer, we're not going to recommend the 6600 GT. There are better cards. But for people who have a budget and play a lot of games, it is a good recommendation. Sorry, but I think you just want this as a sticky so you can have bragging rights. I'm not trying to flame or anything, it's just that that is my opinion, and I also see a fair amount of what video card to get posts, but there are reasons for them, people are doing different things than other people with their computers, so they need to make sure they are getting the right things for their rigs.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by toxicity_27
People won't be able to get the same answer over and over and over. Depending on what people want to do with their computer, is what most of us base our decisions on. For someone that has an unlimited budget and is a hardcore gamer, we're not going to recommend the 6600 GT. There are better cards. But for people who have a budget and play a lot of games, it is a good recommendation. Sorry, but I think you just want this as a sticky so you can have bragging rights. I'm not trying to flame or anything, it's just that that is my opinion, and I also see a fair amount of what video card to get posts, but there are reasons for them, people are doing different things than other people with their computers, so they need to make sure they are getting the right things for their rigs.

So your telling me the last 50 questions regarding video cards didn't have anybody say "get the 6600GT"? I ain't looking for any bragging rights. What am I trying to brag about? I have a RADEON 9200SE. Now there's something to brag about. Maybe then someone could make a sticky thread that has information about the most common video cards, adding in the new ATI ones when they come out.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan DeVille
So your telling me the last 50 questions regarding video cards didn't have anybody say "get the 6600GT"?

That's all anybody ever say's,If it's not the 6600gt it's the 6800gt,It dosen't matter what you want to use your computer for it's the same dam answer every time
Old 07-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

We sometimes say other things...
Old 07-01-2005, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

maybe its just the fact that the nvidia 6600gt and the 6800gt are just damn good cards. or we just have alot of nvidia buyers here or fanboys of nvidia.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to burned-ati Send a message via Yahoo to burned-ati

yea im getting my 6600gt very soon like 1 week cant wait!!! im getting another 512mb memory stick to ill have a gig of memory and a 6600gt ill run any game!!! doom 3 at 1024/768 ultra quality!!!! gonna be awesome!!
Old 07-01-2005, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Who cares??? What's the big issue here Dan? Answer the post or ignore it if it bothers you so much! Not everyone reads these things every single day.....And it wont stay the same answer like you so think.
2GB KINGSTON
EVGA 6800GS PCI-E
ASUS P5GD1
WD CAVIAR X2
LG DVD BURNER X2
Old 07-01-2005, 08:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Angriest of Amoebas

Quote:
Originally posted by vaderpro
Who cares??? What's the big issue here Dan? Answer the post or ignore it if it bothers you so much! Not everyone reads these things every single day.....And it wont stay the same answer like you so think.
Exactly what I was trying to say. Oh and Dan, the bragging rights I was talking about weren't about your video card, it was about you starting a topic that was a sticky. How would I have known what video card you have? I may be a genius, buy I'm not pyschic