what videacard do i have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaeril

Beta member
Hello,

I am pretty new to laptops and computers but learning a lot as i go. Recently i formatted my laptop but now i don't remember what kind of videocard and modem are in it so i cannot download drivers to reinstall it.

Is there a program of some sort to detect what kind of devide it is? (I am afraid to open it up in real life and break it)

Thank you for your help,

Robert

Do not open up your laptop. There are literally hundreds of screws and it requires the utmost care. There is a program called Belarc Advisor that will tell you what hardware that you have in your computer. Also you can go to the manufactorers website and look at the specs that your computer has.

Belarc seems to only identify the things i already have installed on my computer. Under display it says none detected while i am absolutely sure there is one in there that works.

It is a Packard Bell IGO 6551 but i cannot find any specs on it on the website nor on the internet really.

im surprised xp didnt pick every thing up. try to reinstall the driver and have it search everything. try to call the company. i think hp bought packard bell?

Ok here's how you do it.

Right click on My computer, then click properties, and then open the tab for hardware and then click device manager. If anything has a ! yellow sign it means there aren't any drivers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom