What are these RAM coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meck

In Runtime
I saw this ad for a RAM cooler, it's this little case for a RAM stick with a fan. I just wanted to know are they really useful... or just a waste for money. Also how will they improve the proformance of my computer.

Ofcourse they ae used when i overclock my RAM, but does it really help. And how do you overclock RAM.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1039/

perhaps a little out of date, but it is the basics to overclocking... anywho, i have as you'll see in my sig the thermaltake active cooling for my ram, and i wouldn't stick a damn thing on anything that creates heat if there wasn't a fan with it, i have great airflow in my pc so i don't even think how i'm pushing my ram would affect it, but i plopped it on there and all is well, just a nice little touch to add to your computer, personally i can't say much about it because i'm not really able to test the little 40mm fan or what have you. Having the fan directly over the ram is the reason i bought it.

I would think they work or big time companys wouldnt waste the time to put em on plus they make ur ram look cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom