What Temperature Range Is Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews101

In Runtime
I was wondering what temperature range are in considered safe for a PC? If you could give this information in farenheit as well as celcius it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I am in the process of building a new one, but my question actually refers to my old Pentium 3 1.2 Ghz Tualatin cpu, with an ASUS mobo w/315E Intel chipset, and running an ATI Radeon 9200. Now you know why I am building a new rig! It is still rock solid and I plan on giving it to my kids for school, work research, minor gaming, etc. I just want to make sure it is okay temperature wise. Other than the BIOS I can't access the temperature of my rig. So, if you can, what would be an acceptable range? Thanks.

For higher end P3s, anywhere between 25-35C (~77-95F) is normal.... in the case of the Tualatin, the max. operating temperature specified is 69C (~156F), but it would be preferrable to keep operation 20-30C under the max.

Well, there are several system temps. that are of importance.

1.) CPU Core
2.) GPU Core
3.) HDD temp
4.) Case temp

For an accurate CPU temp, you could download MBM5 (MotherBoard Monitor) as long as your motherboard is supported.

For the GPU temps, i believe that the new Catalyst Control Center has a GPU reading on it, that would probably support your 9200.

For the HDD & Case Temp, you could buy and install a frontpanel fan control unit that will have sensors that you could attach to the HDD, System Case "Near Top", GPU & CPU. Although I wouldn't rely on the GPU & CPU temps of the fan controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom