what should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
ok i am debating whether or not to overclock right now. my setup is below and i have gotten up to 2.6 before but whenever i overclock it never seems to be stable on Prime95. it always says "Rounding error. 0.5 expected less than 0.4"

i have a good feel for what i am doing in the BIOS but whatever i do i cant get it stable. my vdimm voltage is up at about 2.9v with latencies of 2.5-3-3- 7 (stock 2-2-2-5) and my ldt bus is at X3 and my ram is at a 1:1 ratio with the FSB which was at 260. even when i lowered it to 2.4 it seemed instable. any ideas and/or comments if i should overclock? why or why not and how high SHOULD i be able to get it running stable and what am i doing wrong?

i don't think you should worry about overclocking your CPU. I had a Barton 2500+ that just would not overclock. Unstable. I bought another one and it overclocked great (3200+ speeds).

Bottom line is that some processors just come out better than others, meaning two processors that are the same make, speed, mfg.

Also, are you going to get a huge increase in performance if you could overclock it?

when i overclock i seem to see a decrease in performance in counter strike and a small gain in some benchmarking programs. i have gotten it to high speeds stable before but then i put it back to stock settings for a while and now it doesnt stay stable. well i dont really care i guess since my compy runs fine without bein oc'd.

try to restore your cpu's speed to its default setting..... anyway these manufacturers created this processors to run stable at their default why not buy a fater processor and sell your old one... this will lessen the risk of damage in your processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom