what ram should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom234

Baseband Member
i want to get another stick of ram for my computer i just biult but i want it cheap. I want 512 of pc3200. what brand shoudl i get and at waht price could iget a better deal if i go with on stick of 1gb of pc3200.

Kingston Valueram has always been good for me.Ive never had one go out on me yet.

Kingston, Kingmax, Hynix, Geil, Corsair, all good brands. Look for ram with low latencies, also if you want you can get DDR ram with speeds higher than DDR 400. DDR 500 and DDR 550 is available.

I would have to say Kingmax value ram because one of my friends got it a while ago and it overclocks great to about 250+ MHZ FSB for value ram.

So i would have to say that.

I would have to agree with you guys, Kingmax Value Ram would be my choice if i was going to build a pc, if i had the money i might go for lower latency ram though.

I have a stick of generic and its also "stable as hell" however its not overclocked. Generic is not ideal, but if your on a very tight budget, and your not using very demanding applications, generic should suffice.

don't know what your budget is..

but i personally like Crucial memory.

they offer a 100% compatibility w/ your machine, so pretty much any machine.

i use the value RAM from them, and the same w/ every other pc i upgrade for friends/family...works everytime!

there are a lot of systems out there that may not be compatible w/ certain RAM , but Crucial is right on!

they are also known as Micron Tech...

1GB sticks are quite expensive now, i'd say if you're on a budget get a stick of 512mb...for now.

Crucial pc3200

or

Crucial pc3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom