What processor to get w/ 1GB Memory, 128MB DDR, 256 bit Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pentium 4 is faster. Yes, benchmarks say that amd processors have way better performance, but that is only on websites with amd enthusiasts, and on other sites (intel fans) pentium 4's are better. So in the long run they are the same. Plus the pentium 4 2.8ghz is cheaper, and with H/t technology you can't go wrong, but you should get the 2.4ghz because it can easily be overclocked to 3.0ghz (so can the 2.8ghz pentium 4).

A faster CPU for cheaper -

Why a 64 bit processor if you have a 256 bit Video Card. I would rather have the extra 800MHz for $45 cheaper. Besides, I think the 2.8GHz w/ 1GB RAM and 256 bit Video Card would work super smooth for gaming. AND isn't P4 supose to be better quality and reliability? Don't know for sure but thats what I hear.

Dwhite528 said:
Pentium 4 is faster. Yes, benchmarks say that amd processors have way better performance, but that is only on websites with amd enthusiasts, and on other sites (intel fans) pentium 4's are better. So in the long run they are the same. Plus the pentium 4 2.8ghz is cheaper, and with H/t technology you can't go wrong, but you should get the 2.4ghz because it can easily be overclocked to 3.0ghz (so can the 2.8ghz pentium 4).

It all depends on what you want to do . In all the benchmarks I've ever seen AMD performs better in gaming and Intel in multimedia. Tom's Hardware is proof of this. In all their benchmarks they are fair in testing.

Northbridge said:
It all depends on what you want to do . In all the benchmarks I've ever seen AMD performs better in gaming and Intel in multimedia. Tom's Hardware is proof of this. In all their benchmarks they are fair in testing.

Yes, Tom's Hardware is pretty unbiased and gives Intel and nVidia a fair chance. In other websites, you will see AMD and ATI owning every nVidia and Intel products.

WQ87 said:
By speed. But by gaming performance, that is a different question, not to mention that it also have 64-bit capabilities.

Wow, 64 bit capabilities, too bad this proc won't really matter when 64 bit DOES come out, and to whoever wanted benchmarks, I'll get around to it.

Wartorment said:
Wow, 64 bit capabilities, too bad this proc won't really matter when 64 bit DOES come out, and to whoever wanted benchmarks, I'll get around to it.

You're right about 754 Athlon 64's because the Athlon XP will soon move to that platform, but if Altima Returns could put up the cash for a socket 939 64, which are projected to last a couple of years and by that time I know there will be 64 bit apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom