What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marineman227

Baseband Member
As most of you probably know building your own computer is a never ending process. Once you have everything you need to run it you want to upgrade something (or everything). I am currently runnind an AMD Duron 1.3GHZ with a GeForce 2 Mx400 64 mb vid card with 1gb ram, a 60 GB HDD, a 48X burner and a 16X dvd rom. I want to upgrade to a GeForce FX5700 256 Mb vid card with DVI and get another 17 CRT monitor (i have a LCD now and want a CRT for graphics engineering and stuff) I also want to upgrade to a P4 2.6GHZ w/ a new mobo and ram. I want to get 2 120 or 160 GB HDDs I also want to mod my case. And i want a 5.1 soundcard with some 5.1 speakers. I was just wondering which you guys think i should do first assuming i can do about one of these per month.

forget geforce...get an ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128 MB DDR...they rule

and also...why do u want a P4?.....get an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ for a lot cheaper and oc it to be better than a P4 3.0 GHZ
and many people have said MSI mobo's are good..so get one of those.....you can customize all that for pretty cheap at

www.americancomputech.com

hope I helped

i would say video card first, because then at least you could use it in your old rig until you have everything else. then i'd go with the case; cause its pointless to have the guts if you have nowhere to put them. after that it doesnt matter. i'd get the speakers last though.

after getting a new CPU you will have to repair/reinstall the OS, I'd say go with Radeons aswell.
also what is your budget on all this?
for big budgets go withP4's but forlower budgets go with AMD's Athlon XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom