what is memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes you can, it operates on a bellcurve. The higher you go, the less increase in performace you have. And if you arent using an NT based OS, over 512mb can HURT your system."

Ecniv, I'm running WinXP with 1024 pc2700. Don't mean to jump in this thread if not supposed to, but is this harmful to my system? Asus A7s333, XP2200.

No, most definitly not, it just means that when you go from 64mb to 128 mb, you get a great increase, when you go from 128 to 256 its good, but a little less, 256-512 is also a nice jump, but not as big of a performace increase as the last, and so on and so forth.

The only way it would HURT you to have more than 512mb is if you were using Windows 98 or earlier.

If you can afford it, get all the ram you want, I'm just saying, the amount of performance is NOT directly proportionate to the amount of ram.

Thanks for the answer, guys. I was getting a little worried there. I just put it together recently & all seems OK, but was afraid I was going to have to take out some ram:) Some of us older fellas have a little trouble absorbing all this stuff at times:)

No probs! That system should run great! Why not join our Folding@Home team? We need some more members, see the bottom of my sig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom