What Hardware is faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvercue

Beta member
Hi all,

When I boot my PC into XP it reboots about 3 times before Windows loads properly. Once I am in everything appears to run fine.

I get an error file (.dmp) and have used a tool to convert that - but the info means nothing to me.

It would seem to me that this must be hardware as it reboots before Windows loads and all BIOS settings are normal.

Any idea what I should look for first? I can't try a different processor as I only have 1.

I have run memtest86+ and memory seems ok.

System is not overclocked atm, it has been in the past and worked ok.

Any tools that might help me establish what the problem is would also be a great help if you know of any.

TiA
Silver

Where can I find the .dmp file? My buddies laptop is ALWAYS dumping out, geting a bsod and a physical memory dump.

Him,

When I boot up I get a message from windows - about recovering from a serious error. Go to details if you have a similar msg and it tells you where the file is.

Oh yeah, I get that alot. I have a TV Tuner card, and whenever I hit pause on my remote for my computer, it restarts. Apparently it cannot handle pausing live TV, or acting like a real DVR. But, yeah, whenever it does that I get that message. But thats not what I'm talking about... When you get the blue screen of death, and you get a .dmp file (cuz the memory dumps out)
If this dosent make sense, I'm sorry, I'm rather wasted.

I wanted to know where I could find the .DMP files, and convert them to a text file so as I could possibly read them. Event manager would work, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom