what happened to my pc!? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default what happened to my pc!?

Right pc was/has been 100% fine for months and months, running smooth no problems what so ever, do regular spyware scans etc but this morning when i turned my pc on i was greeted by a security alert box from zonealarm, but this box was empty, didnt say anything, so i clicked on close and while i did this my system tray icons were all flashing and msn was going mental, signing in on its own and contact list flashing on and off, i couldnt do anything but pull the plug out! so then i rebooted and exactly the same thing happened so i re-started agian in safe mode and then a box come up saying something or other i cant remember exactly but one option(which i took) was to click "no" and load into windows and do a system restore, so i did that and set it to the 4th and then after a few mins in restarted and everythings fine agian, running nice and smooth etc, what the **** happened? i didnt download anything dodgy in the last few days and i didnt delete anything i shouldnt have

On another computer forum i use they reckon its to do with zonealarm and i quote from someone on there, "zonealarm eats pc's"!? i was lead to believe there wasnt any downsides to zonealarm until now!?

Old 06-07-2006, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

well seeing as MSN Messenger was going nuts, I would think spyware. have you tried running a scan?

Old 06-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

well i always use ad adware se and spybot alot, and like i said, system restore has fixed it.

Maybe it was just a dodgy site i visted and picked something up?
Closed Thread