what happened to 8900 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they were to release it in some form you guys are right because noobs will think it is a worse card then the 9 series. I see these things happening alot with my noob/stubborn friends saying that they chose an 8300gs over a 7900GT because its a higher number and therefore a better card. But what cracks me up most is they think they are getting such a sweet deal 40 bucks lol.

your friends deserve to get kicked in the nuts.

to answer this thread question

there will be no 8900 series

it jumped to 9800 series, and they will be making 9900 revisions for it, w/ gt200 coming out later on in the year to replace the 9 series

So far I'm unimpressed with the 9 series. The 9600 sits in the middle-ground with 8800 series and the monstrously priced 9800GX2 sounds like a couple modified 8800s slapped together.

The 9 series cards are not that disappointing. The 9600gt's are great cards to sli and are cheap, the 9800gtx is a better version of the 8800 gts g92, and the 9800gx2 is for enthusiasts.

Why is there so much hate for the 9xxx series cards. The 9800GTX does in fact perform as well if not better than the 8800GTX in 99% of benchmarks (and games) without costing you 40 bucks a month in electricity. The 9800 was a die shrink and PRICE shrink. I picked up both of my 9800GTX's for less than a single 8800GTX card at launch, or even 6 months ago. I'm glad nvidia is bringing high performance cards to the masses, maybe if pc's get far enough of the software, we will actually get some good games that arent just craptacular console ports.

And from the online rumor mill, the "9900" cards will now be called Geforce GTX 260 and 280. And these things are going to go back to the 600 dollar brute force heat your entire house up while spinning the electric meter beasts that the 8800GTX was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom