what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
when you go to add/remove programs, and go to windows setup, you do it there

i could just set mozilla firefox as the main/default browser though, right?

Right. The only reason why i said you can't uninstall IE is because i assumed you didn't know a lot about Windows. My mistake.

talldude123 said:
how do you download on your school computers? at my school, i cant even run exe files..

That sucks! Here's the deal: every student has their own Z: drive because every student is on the same network at school. What you save on your Z: drive stays on yours and no one else but people with administrative properties (teachers, principal/assisants etc) can touch them. I downloaded Firefox onto my Z: drive. Though, i do have to go into Word, type random letters, make it a hyperlink to "C:\" and find Firefox through Windows Explorer, it's better than using IE.

my school is very restrictive on access

in my english class, the celeron's there wont even let you look through any other drives other than your personal network drive

and in my computer class there is F, G, W-Z drives. The Z drive is called "public"

O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: ecure (ecure) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)

O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: svchost1 (svchost1) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)

Those are the only two to remove, are you still having problems on home computer?

Well, the easiest way to slove this would be to just back up important data, and reformat/reinstall.

But, Other then that I can't think of anything else.

Adding more RAM or a better CPU would speed it up, But I don't think you want to spend money..

my processor works really good, and i just put in new ram (was 256, now 768)

my hard drive is pretty crappy, its really small (40 gigs)

i will get rid of IE (finally!) and install firefox

i will also ask somebody else about multi-booting and having a HD with xp, and a HD with 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom