what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love firefox, i havent gotton any spyware, adware and such since i got it. Firefox is much more customizable than IE and tabbed browsing is very convienent (sp?). Diabling active X also helped solve some of my problems.

i just downloaded and used hijackthis
it changed my homepage to "about:blank"

here is the scan file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:43:19 PM, on 12/9/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O23 - Service: CA ISafe (CAISafe) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe
O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: ecure (ecure) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: svchost1 (svchost1) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

Why do you all think it is spyware/viruses? Did you check your screen properties for the screen saver? There is an option for it to take you to the login screen when you move the mouse when the screensaver is on, make sure that isn't selected.

You can't uninstall IE. It's a required part of the Windows OS. Just leave it alone.

Get Firefox as soon as you can. It's for the best. ;)

when you go to add/remove programs, and go to windows setup, you do it there

i could just set mozilla firefox as the main/default browser though, right?

Use Firefox. It's safer, and you have tabbed browsing. I'm so 'addicted' to the tabbed browsing feature, i downloaded Firefox on my school computer just to have it.
how do you download on your school computers? at my school, i cant even run exe files..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom