What happend to BTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somedude123811

Beta member
I was just wondering what ever happend to BTX? I thought it would of been more available by know. The reason why I'm asking is im thinking of building a new computer over the course of a few months and I would hate to start buying parts and all the sudden all of these BTX products roll out.

Thanks.

BTX is simply an ATX board that is flipped upsidedown and mounted on the opposite side of the case.

BTX is available, but hard to find.

ZipZoomFly.com carries Intel's BTX mobos, but I'm not sure if they have the cooling units. You could Google for them, as I know they are out there.

Your case has to be BTX compatable, as BTX hooks up totally different (different layout, case opens to the right instead of the left, yada yada, yada).

I look for mobo makers to eventually make BTX boards for AMD... if BTX ever gets a following.

well if you want get one of those cases that use atx and that can be swaped it btx so u would have to get a new mobo and that is it I think to get a btx setup.

ThermalTake's Armor case can be ATX or BTX. BTX requires a kit from ThermalTake.

The CPU is at the front of the case, so it gets the coolest air over it.

All of the main cooling is one unit (which is huge, by the way), but it cools the CPU, the chipset, and the RAM.

Everything is put in a different place on the mobo so Intel can reap mega bucks because it is a new form factor.

The idea is good, but I'm gonna wait and see.

ah, very informative. I assume PCI and AGP slots are butchered too. How much of a price increase is this stuff anyway?

Ryan

I put my ATX board in a BTX fashion to benefit the RAM being towards the bottom of the case where the cooler air resides.

It was also easier for me to get at the radiator if I needed to, since there is much more space between it and the periphiral cards now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom