What effects a mouse's performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aye29

Daemon Poster
I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical with a refresh rate or 6000 images/sec and a resolution of 400 cpi. I'm thinking of betting a Logitech Cordless Click Plus which has a refresh rate of only 2000 images/sec but a resolution of 800 cpi. Assuming the lag from the wireless connection of the Logitech is negligable, which mouse would give me better precision? Should I stick with the Microsoft with a higher refresh rate or would I get better precision with a higher resolution from the Logitech and sacrifice refresh rate? I plan on using it for everthing from office apps to gaming (UT2004, SC, etc)?

I wouldnt waste your money on a new mouse since your current mouse seems to be good. Yuo buying the second mouse in my opinion is not worth the money youll pay for it.

Wayne

the microsoft mouse is good but if u want to go wireless go with the logitec. I had a wireless microsoft mouse and it wouldnt pick up past 3 feet. but my buddie had a logitech mouse and it was good past 6.

If you are a gamer then you want reliability and accuracy in a mouse. You want to have the least amount of maintenence and still want to own a product that will last you for years.
Stay with a wired optical mouse from either microsoft or logitech.
You have to clean the feet every now and then but aside from that....100% accuracy. A wireless mouse fades in performance when the battereies start to die. You really wants to change the batteries in their mouse while hunting down someone in UT????
Not me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom