What Does It Mean When Your CMOS Batteries Are ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mersyone

Baseband Member
I'm curious; ...what does it mean when your CMOS Batteries are CONSTANTLY FAILING,...even AFTER replacement???

I mean, wtf...I just replaced it a month ago. Everything was working flawlessly for a month or so and all of a sudden, just a few days ago I'm getting the same pop-up messages; "CMOS Battery Failed, Defaults Loaded, etc, etc." NOW, it's gotten to the point where it will get STUCK on the Windows XP Loading Screen.

It's obvious that the problem is a bit deeper than just the CMOS Battery,...BUT WHAT CAN IT BE!?? Just wanting to fix this once and for all!

SPECS:
•_Windows XP
•_AMD 64 Processor
•_MSI Nvidia Socket 939 Mobo
•_Nvidia GT6600 Graphics Card
• 1024mb RAM (2 dimms)
•_(3) Rom Drives (via IDEs)
• Q-Technology 400watt PSU

mersyone, I've read of certain mobos eating CMOS batteries. I'd do a search and read up on whether or not this issue occurs with your particular motherboard. Something certainly is very wrong here.

Thing is going nuts! sometimes it will work fine,...other times it will go NUTSO on me!!!
The load screen keeps telling me that I need to... "PLEASE RESET OVERCLOCKING FEATURES" and the WinXP load progress bar is going like 100 MPH!

...I haven't set OVERCLOCKING!

Sometimes the Date/Year RESET to 2000, which screws up ALOT of crap w/ WinXP!

....I never screw with the TIME CLOCK!

UR RIGHT! I'm thinking I'm &%$#ed!
My CMOS uses a standard Lithium Battery. The last 2 I got were not actually from MSI, but they were the exact same thing (make, model etc.) found @ Radio Shack, Energizer, etc. I'm assuming that is not an issue, right?

I had similar problems, it might not be the battery. Measure your battery with a multimeter, it should be around 3V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom