What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I was reading a DIY Guide for PC building and this is one of the last things to do before powering up for the first time:

Check the AC voltage switch on your power supply before connecting it to the mains. Never assume that the power supply has been set correctly to operate in your local AC voltage. Always double check this item, or you could damage the entire system due to incorrect operating voltage. Once you've done that, connect the power cable from the mains to your power supply. Remember to turn on the power switch on your power supply (if there is one). Users often forget to flip the switch before attempting to power up.

What does this mean and how do I do it?

Well where do you live, and what power do you have (110 volts, 220 volts)

Power supply's are designed to work anywhere in the world, but you have to flick the switch on the back. Lets say, if your in Europe and you have it set to American electricity, you will fry your power supply. Flick the switch, and it will work.

I have another question. I am building a PC and I bought 2 250 GB SATA hard drives, but I don't want them in Raid. Before I begin installing Windows, will I first need to prepare a floppy disk containing the drivers for the Silicon Image SATA RAID controller?

Do I skip this step in this guide ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom