What do you think of these specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DHW200 says:The nvidia is the 7800, the ati is the X900. They are supposed to hit the market around june/july. judging by the specs, it looks like ATI is going to smoke nvidia this time around.

But the consensus here on the Geforce 6800 vs. ATI X850 is to go with the Geforce?

The only reason we say that is because Nvidia went straight to Pixel Shader Model 3, which the future games will require, so the X850 would literaly be worthless.

I personaly say, looking at the specs I would go with ATI, as for some reason or another I prefer them, but I'm not so blind as to think that because I prefer them to get their card. I will get the best Price:performance card each time.

Assuming that the price is the same on both the 7800 GTX and X900 XT, the X900 XT will smoke the 7800 GTX - at least according to the specs.

and DONT make the mistake of getting a Radeon X800/X850 card. I did

x900 will most likely be cheaper due to the smaller process.

I've lost a bit of faith in nicx now, they have now sent me two DOA Venices, so I'm getting a refund and taking my business elseware.

What is the clock speed of the "AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ Processor S939 Venice"? Is this the recommended processor or is the " AMD ATHLON 64 3500+ Processor S939 Venice" worth the extra cash?
($285 to $400 CAD)? Is this recommended over the Intel P4?

gaara says:I've lost a bit of faith in nicx now, they have now sent me two DOA Venices, so I'm getting a refund and taking my business elseware.

Where will you buy them from now?

I have heard that the Venice's are more likely to be DOA because of the better architecture, but it's still probably worth it over the older Winchester architecture.

Where will you buy them from now?
I will be canceling my order with ncix and getting a Venice from mocc.ca. I've talked with ncix and have apparently been shipping out a lot of DOA Venices and have said it's most likely a bad batch. Two is enough to convince me to step away though. Plus mocc has it cheaper anyways and they are on the ball as far as canadian stores go, seems you can already preorder X2s from 'em. :D

3200+ runs 2GHz stock.

Haven't heard anything of Venices being more prune to DOAs than other cores, this was simply a bad batch I assume since everyone else who has gotten one doesn't seem to have any problems. The only rumour I've heard is that the San Diego controller likes to handle higher RAM speeds than the Venice, but I would be one to call BS on this.

Would it be worth it to pre-order the "AMD ATHLON 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+" or is the price outweigh the benefits at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom