What do you think of Asus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
I was wondering what all the knowedgeable people here think of the motherboard manufacturer Asus?
Thanks
Yan

I have never owned an Asus mobo, but from what i have heard the quality isnt the best, the performance is decent and the customer service is horrible.

They seem to be the first people to have SLI available, so that's why I am wondering...
Yan

I have never had anything but Asus....so I don't know what others are like. I've heard MSI and Gigabyte are good too.

A few years ago, they used to be good. However there quality of boards have gone down hill in rescent years. Most of the boxes that i have put out with Asus Boards in them have come back for RMA in one from or other.

One of the reason why I have moved over to Gigabyte or MSI for my PCs now.

ASUS used to be good MoBo Manufacturer.

I have quite a few ASUS products in my computer, the mobo has tons of features, a good supply of extras, and a kewl overclocking tool. The only problem i had with the board is the 8.1 channel audio that was pooping out, the tech support never got back to me on that. So, good stuff for the most part but poor tech support. Hope this helps. Also, my sister, before her alienware POS, she and her Tech Savvy man had ASUS boards and components.

I have heard good things about DFI, so maybe I will wait until they supply Nvidia Nforce 4 SLI...
Yan

Well i have an asus board now and it works beatifully. im pretty sure when nubius and ag3 get on they will say bad things about it but i have no probs w/ asus. I would suggetst DFI MSI or Abit though.

I have had three asus boards, havent tried any other brand. They have alot of features on the higher end boards. I havent had any problems. I havent had any negitave experence with the tech support. Look into them, its not a bad brand for mb's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom