What Do You Guys Think???

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, u thinkin to shallow, i dont know how many lan partys i went to including the opening of doom 3 in san fran. and i saw about 7 xps and that was only on 3 rows, it handled doom better than almost any other pc i saw their. and anyways pentium 4 is better than AMD, amd is justr cheaper but it has a fsb that is double a pentium but from the pople i have talked to said if they had that much extra cash they would take a p4. ur to shallow, i see ur ignorance

i could make a pc better than alienwares if i had like 2500 but im not some rich kid whos parents get eveything. u dont need to know alot about to make a good one, just ask alot of questions

æArchOAngelæ said:
dude, u thinkin to shallow, i dont know how many lan partys i went to including the opening of doom 3 in san fran. and i saw about 7 xps and that was only on 3 rows, it handled doom better than almost any other pc i saw their. and anyways pentium 4 is better than AMD, amd is justr cheaper but it has a fsb that is double a pentium but from the pople i have talked to said if they had that much extra cash they would take a p4. ur to shallow, i see ur ignorance

Who dropped you on your head? AMD owns Intel in every game. Intel owns AMD in some applications, and at multitasking. AMD is cheapr but they are of better quality and the new AMD 64's run alot cooler than the P4's.

so ur sayin that the newest version of intels p4 with 1200 fsb u wouldnt take? idk man makes u think

AMD is good i love amd but intels makin a good comeback

from the pentium vs amd topic

TRUE_ORB

" Basically, Pentiums give you slightly higher performance for a huge increase in price, and are known to be better with high-demand apps than AMD, whereas AMD is generally considered better for gaming.
AMDs are also known to run a little bit hotter.

I think if you're on a budget, gaming only with your PC, or looking for a high performance/cost ratio you should get an AMD.
If you have a lot of money to spend and you run a lot of taxing progs, go Intel.

People argue over this topic day in and day out and solve absolutely nothing. It might as well be an argument between religions or politics."

Nubius the moderator even agreed with TRUE_ORB
Nubius said:
probably the best and straight to the point piece of info you need regarding your question. Intel's stock is also dropping currently. There is a big demand for AMD's in prebuilt computer from companies like dell and hp etc...etc...but there was this article regarding the CEO from Dell talkin about how they don't need AMD to make money. He was quite arrogant about it really.

i feel like i rested my case

to tell you guys the truth, the XPS is a very great system. I have a Gen 2 model and had no problems with it what so ever. i play doom 3 with no problems. the only problem i have with the XPS is that it is noisy. Its noisy becasue the p4 gets pretty hot. to solve this problem, i modded the box. i put 2 vantec stealths at the rear, 120mm ys tech fan as intake, and a UFO thermaltake fan on the heat sink. i also got a fan controler to control the fan speeds of the 120 amd UFO.

i never came into contact with a Gen 4 system, so i dont know how noisy or how hot it gets.

gen4 is a beast it is said to be the second to last gen 5 is the last well gen 4 has fixed the noise problem they went with some air systems that makes a clear path right thru it so it only cools whats needed and no obstruction, so u dont nedd to add anything. i used 1 at a dell kiask at the mall and i played for like 2 hours straight with hl 2 and dom 3 and switched off in between, final conclusion quiet blows very cool air its nice in other words

dude alienware's are ripoffs search for a company that get syou the parts and justs adds like 100 bucks for making it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom