What to do with new mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kray

Baseband Member
A little while ago my PSU burned out all the red cables going to the mobo, and after trying to solder it on I've decided to just buy completely new parts.

In a couple days this mobo will be at my front step. This is the first time I have ever put in a new mobo (or anything) in a computer so I was wondering what exactly do I have to do. I know how to connect the PSU, RAM, processor, mobo to the case, etc but how do I configure it and stuff?

I will be using the mobo with anAthlon 64 3000+ and Leadtek 6600GT. Along with my current hard drive (seagate barracuda) that (hopefully) still has all my stuff and windows XP on it.

you just need to replace the mobo, and then plug everything in to the new mobo *correctly*

then you have the sort out the bios and stuff, but i dont know anything about that.

anyone else?

he wants to know *how* to put it in though

this site has a tutorial on PC building.
building a PC is actualy pretty straight forward. you just need to know a few things.
if you put something in the wrong spot, 99% of the time it will not actually damage the part, it just won't work until you put it in properly

it should pretty much be a matter of plugging it all in and turning it on. bios will detect memory etc and you should at least be able to boot without really having to do anything. after that though you will probably have to go through the bios and tweak individual settings. as for using the exact same hdd, that may not work at least not with windows xp. win95/98 were simple in that regard but windows xp will probably reject the new system but you will still have all your files on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom