What is the difference between these 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav536

Baseband Member
SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800 PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP

and

ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP

I was looking into buying the ATI when I found the other one, Could someone please let me know if they are the same or one is better than the other.

Thanks,
Dave

The 1st one was built by Saphire and is powered by ATI (GPU).
The 2nd was built and powered by ATI (GPU).

The 2nd is the best choice. I never buy anything that wasn't made by the same company as the chip. I had the first one. It was a Saphire Radeon 9800 PRO Atlantis. Didn't last very long. It went defective. I sent it back to ATI (not Saphire) and got an ATI built card. Never had any problems since, and my card has taken a hell of a beating...

there you go, that is the differnce. that is what is with most cards, like the geforce, i have one from pny tech so yeah.

you often find that when a different manufacturer produces an ati or nvidia card they provide their own cooling solution which can be better. In this case I think that the coolers are the same as sapphire have stuck very closely to the ATI reference board.

Not only the cooling... The actual card is built different by each company. The only thing they have similar is the GPU (processor).
And the AGP interface of course!

can you guys list me the best brands just so that i know maybe?

oh yeah, how are they diffrent, wouldn't it just be the same as all the other ones if they are the same every thing just diff manufacture?

The difference between these two r prices and software/accessories provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom