What is the difference between.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
These two HDD's?

i am looking at buying a couple of HDD's and was just looking into a few brands and Samsung seem to have a good selection so I think I will be going with Samsung. The thing is though Samsung do this one for £68.11:

Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache

Or this one for £76.35:

1.5TB Samsung HD154UI Spinpoint F2 DT EcoGreen, SATA 3Gb/s, 32MB Cache, 8.9 ms, NCQ.

I noticed a review for the top one on ebuyers website saying that the drive was very fast and didn't crash like 'all' the F1 drives do, so I have chosen not to look at F1 drives. I know the F3 is going to be a better drive and although it is cheaper it is also smaller, but is it much better than the other drive below?

Can you lend your expert minds to this and give me a few pointers on these two drives that can help me make my mind up when buying new HDD's. I would also like to point out that my PC isn't a super computer, it is just a bog standard PC running a dual core 2.2Ghz CPU with 2 Gig or RAM.

I have just ran Sandra SIS and that says that my current interface is SATA and the maximum SATA mode is 300, does this mean that my current MOBO will support SATAII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom