What could the problem be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpshureih

Baseband Member
Hey guys, im here at work working on a computer, and iv run into something i have run into before, but this time i cant seem to fix it and im thinking its the MB but was a 2nd opinion.

I had to pull a p3 733 computer from one of the users because the computer does not want to start. I went through removed the power supply and replaced it but it still did not want to boot. What i have noticed is that when i go to turn the computer on the fans make 4 rounds as if though they are trying to start, but then cut off. Iv removed all components and then reinsterted the processor along with memory. Tried removing battery. My last guess is it could be the MB....opinions?

Make sure the power supply has enough wattage to support the motherboard and its components.

If that is the case and you STILL can't get it to boot, it just might be the motherboard.

I don't think it's the processor ... It's surely the PSU ..this happens ..if the PSU has blown a switching transistor... which makes it pass one cycle of power ..n' then it stops..

hmm...one thing i havent tried was changing the PSU..i did take it out and leave it out for a bit to reset...but still nothing

Take out the connected "On" switch and press it manually with a pen, do it for a few times and make sure it is connected properly. I have had this problem.

Hah....it workd, thanks, thats something new i just learned...had a computer do that b4, couldnt figure out why, so we canned the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom