What better for games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishmaster said:
Is the mobile athlon 64 chip better than the mobile pentium M proccessor?

I would think that it would be, but you would have to wonder how much battery life your sacrificing:confused:

the intel pentium m takes more juice than the amd athlon 64 mobile.....the athlon 64 if you ask me is better...and plus im just a amd fan.....but i do like servers that use Intel Xeons they are nice

I would actually go for a 9600 Pro mobility over the 9700 Mobility, Computer Gaming Monthly named it the current best for mobile laptop gaming.

FireFox said:
the intel pentium m takes more juice than the amd athlon 64 mobile.....the athlon 64 if you ask me is better...and plus im just a amd fan.....but i do like servers that use Intel Xeons they are nice

An AMD man like Xeon over Opteron?!?!?!?!?!:p :)

originally posted by FireFox
XPs don't get as hot as P4s do.
actually Athlon XP's get hotter than P4's but they can withstand more heat than the P4's can
Athlon XP's melt at about 85 and can withstand about a maximum of 65-70 without losing much stability

P4's melt at about 60 and usually operate about 45

I'd get a mobile Athlon 64 3200+ and a mobility Radeon 9600 Pro/XT
XT can overclock and underclock itself automatically when needed so it has an advantage
512MB RAM should be enough but don't go higher than a gig

There's this top-of-the-line bad boy for only $1800 over at www.ibuypower.com It's the same as a $3000+ Voodoo latop! Check it out because it looks like a mobile-gaming steal. I'd buy it but I haven't got the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom