What is the best 19in Flat Panel - Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pixel latency is another term used for the refresh rate (mhz).
Color rendering is the amount of colors that the LCD can display without being effected by an external source of light.

There are a few main things that you should take into consideration when looking at an LCD...

· Response Time
· Maximum Resolution
· Viewing Angle
· Brightness
· Contrast Ratio
· Surface Type

Personally - I have never bought a monitor (CRT/LCD) from the store prior to researching the specifications.

You should definatly look into a ViewSonic. You will be more than happy with the quality, as well as the features.

Hope this helped! :)

viewsonics are very nice but i could not afford the vp201 like i wanted at the time. so i bought the dell2001fp. these are 20" lcd's and you wanted a 19" i know but i wanted the better resolution and ms. anyway i am very happy with my monitor and at the LAN's it looks better than all the others sony's and whatnot. i really like the monitor and the tilting ability and everything. (i dont care for dell overmuch but their monitors are nice) it is in the same ultrasharp series as you mentioned. but i would say if the viewsonic is same price or close go ahead and get that, i found mine for 200$ cheaper on ebay so.

I have heard that some dell LCD monitors matched with nVidia video cards do not work properly. Like the monitor will turn itself on permanent sleep mode. I read this in Maximum PC magazine, it also stated that dell was trying to fix this problem via some kind of firmware update or something.

I have used the Dell 19" FP for about a year now. I have been very pleased. The usb 2.0 hub is great for ease. The only thing I wish it had was a higher res. If I was to get a new monitor I would get the 2001fp but I do not regret the purchase of the 19" one bit.

samsung's syncmasters own.low refresh rate.magicbright technology.low price.nice looks(all black).I work at bestbuy and see all these monitors all day long and im going with the samsung for my next setup

-Corey

i guess i dont know about the nvidia card issue, i forgot to put up my specs but i have a radeon9800xt. i researched it before i bought it and dont recall that but maybe i dismissed it because i knew what graphics card i wanted. i did wish that bestbuy carried dell monitors because i wanted to see it before i bought it. but i took a risk and bought it w/o seeing it, but it turned out good and i love my monitor.

amd64 3200+
ati 9800xt
maxtor 250gb 8mbC
maxtor sata 160
soyo k8usa
pioneer dvr 107D
corsair 512mb pc3200
audigy2zs platinum
dell 2001fp 20" lcd

i would recommend either samnsung or nec lcd's. although when i upgraded from two 17" samsung lcd's and jumped to two 19" envision lcds i love the bigger size...nec or samnsung just beats the rest of the manufactures.

THANKS everyone for the info and advice and thoughts...

I got my NEW 19in Dell 1905 today....

one word -> SWEET!

I've been wanting this for a while and decided against the viewsonic just because I've wanted the Dell --- and I saw the Dell has 800:1 color ratio... I must say, the picture is ALIVE!!!!

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom