What about this computer guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

superflymx6

Solid State Member
Check it out

Take a look and tell me what you think about the build. I am on a budget and I would love to keep it down below $900 with a montior.

I will be using this for gaming and school work and everything else. I have a laptop to use also.

Any help and advice will be helpful

Thanks for your time

I know sorry, i will post it asap sorry about this

How can i post the wish list so you guys can see it???

Thermaltake Soprano VB1430BWS Black Steel/Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 430W Power Supply - Retail

$89.00

MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

$88.00

MSI NX6600GT-TD128E Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

$172.00

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3000BPBOX - Retail

$147.00

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400 - Retail

$80.00

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1200JD 120GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

$88.00

NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3520A BK - OEM

$45.99

I think that is everything, but a monitor. Help with a monitor and everything else please

and this all comes too $710

get a leadtet or evga, but just get leadtek if your not an overclocker, i think it is slightly overclcoked when u get it so that will be nice.

the ram...eh get some twinmos for under $100

nec is good

your motherboard is good although i would suggest dfi

great cpu

will play games at medium/high settings

I know that leadtek makes two 6600GT's one is OCed and one is not. I thought about the OCed one but its 200$ i think from newegg.com
I have seen the MSI 6600GT get great reviews.

the ram that picked i like. I looked at yours and its the same specs i think.

which DFI MOBO do you think is equal or in the same price range as this one.

thanks for the help

DFI nF4-DAGF Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard -

I found this on newegg.com for $96
Looks like the same specs but I might have over looked something. Which board will be more stable??

Bleh honestly MSI has a great reputation when it comes to 939 boards.

I agree on getting a eVGA, they are currently selling the best 6 series GPU's.

You MAY want to think about a bigger power supply as well, maybe not. Usually PSU's that come with the case...are no good and will die in a relativley short amount of time.

Most stable? I say MSI, most on here would say DFI though.

well the reason i was going with the thermaltake case was that i thought they made very good PSU. but i might be wrong.

I have read every review that i could find about the 6600GT and i thought i picked the best one with best cooling and heat sink. i might be wrong

superflymx6 said:
well the reason i was going with the thermaltake case was that i thought they made very good PSU. but i might be wrong.

I have read every review that i could find about the 6600GT and i thought i picked the best one with best cooling and heat sink. i might be wrong

Well the best with the best heatsink is a smart choice, I am not sure eVGA does very well on the PCIE department as the AGP. You can also purchase seperate cooling for the card (I am thinking about that for my 6800 GT [AGP]) due to excessive heat.

Thermaltake makes a good power supply but that might seem a little low for those specs. Then again maybe not, I am just a power freak when it comes to those things.

Wait until nubios and gaara see this thread and they will have you covered.

in my opinion i would get a dfi 939 board. msi does make good boards though.

leadtek has a bigass heatsink and is a great deal.

i have seen a lot of people recommend twinmos here because it is a good overclocker with a great price

thermaltake makes great cases and psu, if the 430w is enough it will be great

yea i have read the leadtek is a great 6600Gt card as well.

Leadtek PX6600GT TDH Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

but i think i like the reviews of the MSI 6600gt card better. but i am still open to advice.

I have not read much about the Ram you are talking about but i will take a look for sure.

I will also look at the DFI board too.

DFI nF4-DAGF Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom