What 300$ Upgrade(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
I have about 320$ to spend on upgrades because i am just not happy with my 800 x 600 rez and med. detail on doom (although it still scares the hell out of me)

I want to be able to play Far Cry, UT2004, Halo, Joint Ops, of course DOOM 3, and future games like Half Life 2, Halo 2(if it goes PC) Men of Valor, and other stuff likfe that...

Im thinking of getting this MSI ATI RX9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit and overclocking it to XT

and getting 512 MB of memory to make my systeam have 1 GIG

does anyone know good memory for around 100$???

or i could just get a 6800 for 300 and get no extra memory

witch is better

9800 xt with 1 GIG of memory

or

6800 with 512MB

thanks

i was planin on gettin the seagate 150 sata but mobo cant take it......just changed my sig today and forgot to change that...thx

also.....can i run my generic 512mb with the corsair and wold it still be 1024mb

anyone know ifc i can run corsair with my 512mb or ram to make it 1024mb? or does it have to be the same type...i dont wanna duel channel

don't bother running corsair with a generic stick, a. should always keep your memory the same. b. your wasting your money cause what you have now is generic, that corsair stick is perfromance, ur wasting ur money by getting performance.... get another stick of wat u already have.... if you want i have a stick of Kingston Value Ram PC3200 512mb that i'll part with for 50 bux(u cover shipping), used less than a month(thats if your memory in there right now is kingston)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom