What is This?... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2004, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2
Default What is This?...

i got this from a guy at work he doesn't know where it came from, or how old it is, he described it as a 'light pen' or something like that! i haven't got any disks or software to go with it.

there are no manufacturers names on it and the other end of the cable is like that of a network cable (RJ45).

should there be a board that this attaches to?

Is there any way of getting this to work??

I'm guessing it is an old graphics tablet type pen system??

woodcock68 is offline  
Old 02-18-2004, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 205

looks like a pen for writing to your computer. Does it have a serial port connector, or maybe a PS2? I'd bet it had a tablet to write on so you could write on your computer (I don't know why you would want to do that, typing's faster and neater...)

Shuttle XPC SB61G2
P4 2.8 800 Mhz FSB
1024 Dual channel DDR400
ATI AIW 9700 Pro
120 GB Maxtor SATA
Lite-On 411S DVD+-R/RW
Logitech Elite Duo wireless KB/Mouse
nvalhalla is offline  
Old 02-18-2004, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2

like i said it has a network type connector (RJ45)

i guessed that it probably should have a tablet or at least a expansion card to go in the computer and for it to connect to.

i have tried to take it apart to find out anything else about it but it won't come apart without breaking it. so i am having troubel finding info about it (all i know about it is what it looks like!)

it has also been suggested to me that it is a 'light pen', but have no idea if this is right or not!
woodcock68 is offline  
Old 02-18-2004, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 182

if you hit that blue button, does a light saber come out?

i'd say chuck it. if it's a tablet pen, you need to board. if it's not, and you can't connect it, what good is it...
regeisle is offline  
Old 02-18-2004, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,937

its probably used for autocad, most likely it is unuseable without the tablet and software (which costs a fortune). this is no ordinary tablet like intuous graphire for photoshop.
ekÆsine is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.