weird sound when playing C&C Generals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I was playing C&C Generals last night and there was this beeping sound from my PC. It was there most of the time.
My config is
P4 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB
Graphics Card : Gigabyte nvidia 5700 ultra
motherboard : Gigabyte 81875 Ultra
512 mega RAM

I checked the temperature of the processor, it was 51 degrees, was it too much. It is about44 degrees now.

what should the temperature be?

Thanks

The temperature seems just fine, I don't think that's your problem. Not sure about the beeping though.

have you changed anything in the configuration lately? was the sound coming from the speakers or the mobo? could be your warning shot, id be careful

I turned of the speakers and i still could hear an intermittent beeping sound. It was definitely coming from the internals. I am not sure if it was the cpu or the graphics card (can it make sounds too). My graphics card is an Gigabyte Nvidia 5700 Ultra
I removed one of the sides of the case, and played C&C for some more time, there was no problem.
Thanks

55 degrees is a little hot for an intel. That could be why you were getting the beeping before you took off you side panel, and not after.

I have to say that it the CPU over heating there. 55 starts to get a little warm for an ITEL CPU.

Have you applied any thermal paste on the CPU? Have expereince some gigabyte motherboard that were having CPU over heating problems until I put thremal paste on the actual CPU. Since then... no problems.

The CPU and the fan came boxed from Intel. The Fan had some paste on it (grey in colour), so i would think the Fan had come 'pasted' from Intel itself.
Am i right?

Try adding a seperate fan inside cabinet. The small fan. I hope your cabinet is Tower ATX type. Recent slim case do give problem.
Try setting off the power management and see. or is supported try setting some higher value and see. Just to make sure it is becasue of heat or some hardware is crying with pain.

good luck

rookie1010 said:
The CPU and the fan came boxed from Intel. The Fan had some paste on it (grey in colour), so i would think the Fan had come 'pasted' from Intel itself.
Am i right?

The only time I have seen Intel Supply thermal paste was with there P-IV 3.0 Ghz CPU.

It was not the CPU but the heatsink/fan which had the thermal paste. The heatsink/fan came boxed with the CPU. The cabinet is an ATX Tower, not the slimline.
Apoorva, what should i check in the power management?
Do you guys know any software which will monitor the CPU temp, fan revs etc from windows. At the moment, i have to reboot and go to the bios settings to check on the PC health. This would not give an accurate picture of the PC's health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom