Weird Noise (Clip Included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
Hi, whenever I minimize or maximize my windows in taskbar, my computer makes a weird noise. It's like beep sort of. I think it just started doing this a while ago, I just didn't notice. What could be the problem?

PS. I know it's not my hard drive, because i already know that the HDD make noise.

turn your speakers off...do you still hear the beep?

if so disable the speaker inside of your case (or unplug it)...still there?

If it's only heard with the speakers on, then it's a Windows sound...just go into Control Panel > Sounds and Audio > and disable it.

no it's not coming from the speakers. it comes straight from the tower. it makes this sort of "whine" noise when i try to maximize or minimize a window.

no it's not coming from the speakers. it comes straight from the tower. it makes this sort of "whine" noise when i try to maximize or minimize a window.

I had the same problem and it also happened when copying from the cdrom, like 4W4K3 said, unplug the speaker connector from ur motherboard, it worked for me:)

yes but the sound is coming straight from the tower.. also, how do i unplug it? where is it located?

also, i found out that the sound doesn't always happen, i just turned the computer on from an overnight break and it doesn't make the sound. if i run a program then it starts making the sound when i maximize/minimize a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom