Weird computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckle50

In Runtime
Wicked screwed up computer - help?

Hey guys,

I've had this computer since about last april. I built it myself, and it has a Western Digital 160 GB Caviar hard drive, which I think is my problem.

For many months, I've had the weird problem that whenever I try to cut and paste a file, it gets corrupted in the process, and I am denied access to it. I can't access, change, or delete it. I could still copy and paste with no problem. I just lived with this inconvenience for a while, but lately all kinds of strange things have been happening.

Images don't show up in programs:

I get weird errors in browsers on every other page i visit

Web pages get screwed up for no reason in internet explorer but still work in firefox - and the problem still happens after multiple chkdsks and reboots:

IE:

The same page in firefox:

When i play simcity, many of the images don't show up. Often when I open folders, "Windows Explorer" crashes.

these are just some of the problems ive been experiencing. I have no clue why it's been happening. Any ideas?

you dont think the hard drive's defective or anything? i'm pretty computer literate and no spyware is operating on my computer.

Like 5 errors similar to this pop up when i start aim - but they dont impair functionality except for disabling the ADs, which was a good thing...:

I dont think a hard drive that is broken is racist against any form of a picture. If it was broken random stuff would be either missing or your computer wouldent work.

uzi9mm said:
I dont think a hard that is broken is racist against any form of a picture.

My assumption was that it corrupted the pictures in the application. or maybe the ram did it, or something.

hmmm,it sounds like virus probs,look for these files;180 solutions,dyfuca,ist tool bar,newfind,windows optimizer,search assistant.COuld be in C,C\prog files,windows,win\sys,win\sys32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom