weird but big problem..... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2004, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Angry weird but big problem.....

ok so i decide to clean out my case because theres so much dust in i turn off the power supply, disconnect everything, and take it outside....i use one of those air spray things and get dust out of most places.....then i plug everything back in and turn on my computer....the fans going, cpu fans going, sounds like HDD started up, powers on....but nothing comes up on the i wait a few minutes and still nothing i press a key on the keyboard and the computer starts up...its all normal normal blah blah and then i try to type something and nothing happens...the light on the keyboard is off i unplug, plug,unplug, plug it back in....when i plug it in the lights on the keyboard flashes once....but it wont work...the mouse works and everything seems like its working but the keyboard wont work....i restart and i have to press a key on the keyboard to turn it on, meaning it has to be sending information to the computer....and at startup, the Asus motherboard says something but i can understand it because it sounds like a robot mouse trying to sometimes happens but sometimes doesnt....and i still cant fix this...argh how do i fix this? i cant use my computer without a keyboard.....ok thx

oh when i was cleaning the case, all i disconnected was one fan...but i reconnected it

Old 07-06-2004, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

see if you got the keyboard and mouse ports switched Keyboard is allways close`est one to the Motherboard.

Thermaltake Armor A90
Corsair HX1000W PS
i7 2600k / Cooler Master Hyper N 520
Asus P8Z68-V Pro / Gen 3
8 GIG Corsair Vengeance
eVGA GTX 570
SB Audigy2 Platinum
Kingston Hyper X120 SSD
WIN 7 - 64b
LG Blue Ray Super Multi Burrner
Logitech THX Z560
3x120mm - 1x200 mm case fans
Old 07-06-2004, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

already tried it....
Old 07-06-2004, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

you might have damaged one of the ports, are you using ps/2 or usb?
15'' Macbook Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz
x1600 128MB
Windows XP/Mac OSX 10.5

No longer a Guru of games...
Old 07-06-2004, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

hmm i unplugged and plugged it in 1 more time...and it seems to work....odd but true....but as long as it works
Closed Thread