web cam audio feedback problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambuttie

Beta member
Can anyone help I have just bought 3 web cams I gave one to my daughter in Toronto and one to my son in Seattle I am in Vancouver bc I have windows XP and as does my daughter my son has windows 98 I got the cameras at future shop they are the $39.00 ones hereÂ’s the problem when we talk to either of them we get loud microphone screeching feedback I know a bit about feedback as I am a musician but the problem is not being caused by the speakers being too loud or the speakers too close to the microphones we have already addressed that problem . With the old mikes before the web cam we had no feedback problems so we know the systems works we all have the latest version of MSN messenger and I canÂ’t see anything else in the wizard set up that can help. what can be causing this feedback we can all hear it but donÂ’t know whoÂ’s end it is coming from us or them? Thanks for any help. Jambuttie

you need to change your Audio setup.

You can do this by going to start > program files > accessories > entertainment > sound recorder > file > edit > audio properties > and change them.

After changing the setup try to record your voice on sound recorder and see how it records and plays....

If this works fine then either you have very slow internet connection or its from your childrens internet service provider side.

Hope this helps.

thank you for the info I did what you said and the mic check works fine I am on Cable but we still have the same problem here is my son's e mail stating his problem anything else we could try thanks Jambuttie
Hey Guys,
My setup is fine. I have in detail described my problem below, just so it will be clear if you are asking someone else bout this problem. I threw away the box, or I'd just call tech support on the camera.
The problem is not that I cannot hear another person, or that they cannot hear me. The problem is that after someone talks, a Ping-Pong delay starts and builds and builds until I turn my speakers completely off. I have moved my Mic as far away as possible from the speakers. I have lowered the output of them to almost not being able to hear the person I am trying to communicate with. I have also lowered, and raised my Mic output level. I just can't seem to stop the delayed feedback.
Cheers'
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom