WD SATA 10000rpm Enterprise Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
I got a little more then 250$ this x-mas. Plus im selling my Xbox with 8 games for 200-250. So im probably going to have 450$ in a few days. Plus im getting paid next friday, so im getting my Raid HDD system, and my evga nvidia geforce 6800 GT. My computer needs 5 more things. So im finishing my computer up. So i have a question about this hard drive.

My question is im going to get Dual WD Raptor 36GB 10000rpm Serial SATA HDD's. But i see this one 36GB HD for 138$, while their is this one kind called WD Raptor Enterprise 36GB, witch this HD is around 200$. My friend gave me this site that had them, i looked at its specs, and seen nothing different.

I know that websites show general information, so i obviously missed somthing. Can someone tell me the difference..?

Well I have good news, and bad news...

Bad news, I don't know the answer to your question.

Good news:

I can save you about $30 bucks on the Raptor, you obveously didn't look around to much, be glad I just bought this, check it out:

36gb Raptor for $109

Also, this is a reputable site, as many people here will vouch for it. Good Luck.

Thanks, but i wonder why its so cheap. Im seeing serial sata 36gb 10000rpm now from 109$-200$...

It is a good site, in just the same box as you would receive for $30 more. It is right next to me, now im stroking it, believe me, it is fine, came packaged very nicely as well.

Yeah they have the abbreviation of SATA-E I believe and I looked something up on them off the WD site but I too didn't find anything incredibly out of the ordinary.

Here's an article regarding it:

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20030210_083651.html

I'd say just go for the non-enterprise version.

BTW: I've bought from zipzoomfly a hundred times, I infact suggested it to Alex. They offer really good service and if anything is wrong they do a goob job of getting it replaced.

They use UPS though which I find usually sucks compared to FedEX, so I've noticed with newegg I generally get the package a day early whereas with UPS it'll be there probably around 5pm on the day it's due...one time they didn't come until 10pm.

Anywho, hope that info helps ya

Thanks, im just going to get 2 off of Zip. Just making sure somthing wasent wrong with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom