WD Raptors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
Ok, i just got my check today. So im getting my two HD. They are going to be WD Raptor 10000rpm Serial SATA. Im going to have raid setup obviously.

I see this same type of HD selling for 138$-225$. Witch they look like they have the same specs, but im probably wrong. Can someone post the type of Raptor with the best proformance. That would help alot.

Link us to the ones you are talking about. There are SATA drives and IDE, they are both obviously quite different. But I havent heard of differnt models of the same interface. But ofc I coudl be wrong.

Those are pretty damn cheap for 74.GB's. I guess im going to get two of them, rather then two of 36GB's.

FoxyLoxy, i stated the kind im looking for and then stated i see those kind for all different prices. Witch was serial SATA. No big deal though.

Codeine said:
I see this same type of HD selling for 138$-225$. Witch they look like they have the same specs, but im probably wrong. Can someone post the type of Raptor with the best proformance.

By your "type" I thought you meant there were two diff ones of basically the same drive. So I said what I thought, anyway. And at that big a price difference it seemed they must be. But no problem whatever. Im gonna take a look at that link.

Well you left out the first paragraph. Yuck IDE, i wouldent take that for free.

Oh IDE isnt that much slower, and I know you were talking about SATA. IDE transfer is 133 while SATA is 150 max. THere really isnt that much of a difference. Plus I HATE Those stupid flimsy wire/cables whatever they use. I know theryre small and thats cool but they dont secure for crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom