water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol in a year or so...who says you'll even know how to contact me by then.

Go to www.dangerden.com dude.

TDX block for the CPU
MAZE4 for the GPU

Swiftech MCP650 (Also called D4) Pump
Or the AquaXtreme 50z (sold at www.cooltechnica.com)
1/2" tygon tubing and at xtremesystems.org there is a guy named 'Weapon' that you should PM and ask about his 302 'WeaponCore' it's a 1977 bonneville heatercore that performs better than any top knotch radiator that has 2 120mm fans.

Reservoir or T-Line is up to you, but all those above are the basic parts you need pretty much.

NB water cooling is pretty pointless incase you were wondering about that.

That combo I listed would be about $250

North bridge, or otherwise known as chipset cooling since technically on AMD64's I guess it's not an NB anymore :p

well NB is the 'lingo' for that no matter where ya go :D

Then the times when I do explain something people will be all "I KNOW THAT ALREADY JEEZ" lol, theres no rest I tells ya!

Nubius said:
lol in a year or so...who says you'll even know how to contact me by then.

Go to www.dangerden.com dude.

TDX block for the CPU
MAZE4 for the GPU

Swiftech MCP650 (Also called D4) Pump
Or the AquaXtreme 50z (sold at www.cooltechnica.com)
1/2" tygon tubing and at xtremesystems.org there is a guy named 'Weapon' that you should PM and ask about his 302 'WeaponCore' it's a 1977 bonneville heatercore that performs better than any top knotch radiator that has 2 120mm fans.

Reservoir or T-Line is up to you, but all those above are the basic parts you need pretty much.

NB water cooling is pretty pointless incase you were wondering about that.

That combo I listed would be about $250

about how much temp decrease(idle/load) would someone expect to see with that see with that setup over stock cooling?

edit: oh yea, and is the maintainance (sp?) easy (like do yo have to often refill it with water?), what the the noise as opposed to the stock cooling and what are the chances of the water leaking over your stuff?

Water leaking on stuff depends on how well you put it together and what components you used. All Dangerden would be top knotch stuff not at all prone to leaking although of course 'shyte can happen' but you don't really hear about it all the time. Every once in a while though you'll hear of someone exclaiming about theres leaking and it is indeed a tragedy :D

I've known a few people though who's had their systems leak and using some isopropyl alcohol to clean it, letting it dry a day, it still worked after words. Especially if you use Distilled water and about 10% or less of zerex

You don't have to refill water per se, but it's recommended that every 6 months you drain and refill the whole system due to water loss, but just the fact that it can still get dirty. Even if it doesn't get dirty, it's best just to do that kind of annual maintenance to make sure everything is on the up and up.

As far as temps concerned, you can't really give an exact number on that.

Depends on what temps you have at stock cooling, or if you have after market or what. Load temps would be lower than idle temps since it can get the heat away quicker. In terms of graphics cards it can easily cool the GPU up to 20C lower than with it's normal heatsink.

Noise of course is very minimal, but when compared to a stock setup it might be the same unless you had a lot of case fans.

If you went with a weapon core for the heatercore (the radiator, but a heatercore and rad are a bit different) it has 2 120mm fans, so if you have 2 of those, run them and you will be able to tell approx how loud that'd be. Those would basically be the only noise, you wouldn't hear the pump at all over those.

ah, thx nubius

i might get myself watercooling and new ram for christmas but that "shyt that might happen" just scares me, since i won't have the money to get a new comp if the alcohol doesn't work

Well I'm just telling you the truth lol. Like I said, if you leaktest your system, use patience putting it together, use quality tubing like tygon and good clamps you got nothing to worry about. It's the moving it around a lot and bumping it that'd really make something come loose

So basically if I am going to take my comp to a lot of LAN parties then using water cooling is not a safe idea as my comp will be getting moved around a whole bunch.

Sounds like basic air cooling is gonna be what i have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom