watch/listen to PC content on TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
I want to be able to watch/listen to PC (that is in an office) content and control it, mouse style rather than remote, from other rooms in the house (bed & sitroom)...please advise best way to do this?

Note i have and tried media streaming box and Powerline Ethernet Adapters, but they have slow rsponse, and lack ease/speed of control, hence mouse style requirement.

It would likely need to send HDMI wirlessly (for best picture), and allow a mouse to connect too (from another room).

I do it through another PC. The media is stored on my rig (until I get around to building a server for it). I used spare parts to build a HTPC for the living room. The HTPC uses wireless G to connect to my network and all the PCs are running Win7 and are part of the Homegroup. I have the media drive shared, so... bodda-bing!

The HTPC is an AMD AM2 3500+ and mobo out of an old Campaq. I used a 2GB stick of DDR2 and a spare 80GB SATA hard drive. I had the wireless adapter already, as well as an old eMachine case and PSU. I did have to spring for a graphics card with HDMI output but I got a GT220 for a little of nothing. I have since added a wireless keyboard/air mouse and now a wireless mouse so my mother-in-law can play casual games on the TV from her chair.

Ta, but I was trying to avoid having a PC beside my TV (actually 2 PCs, one beside each TV). Yes, that solution would be easy to control with a mouse tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom