Warning - Please Read - Don't Make This Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know that thermal grease wasn't absolute crap? Did you also try it on an AMD processor? I can't see why for some odd reason and intel processor would somehow intelligently choose to overheat itself on anything lower than the best thermal grease. This topic is just a stupid intel-bashing piece of worthless crap. Nothing about it is true, it makes no sense, and the author is blatantly lieing.

Yea I put some thermal grease on my 3000+ and it started idling at 80C. Once I put the AS5 on then it cooled down to 21C, but apparantly AMD processors are so stuck-up they only take the good stuff and purposely overheat on ya if you give them anything less.

Wish my damn processors weren't so picky, and they only drink spring water too!

gaara said:
The Prescott (despite what many people will argue) will operate absolutely safely at temperatures up to 70 degrees.

It's borderline dangerous, but they will run safely at those temperatures, not to say I'm a fan of a near melting point processor though...

Safely, I don't think so. If in safely you mean, "Won't Throttle and will preform up to standards." Then ok. Fine.

But, if you think of safely like I do, "Operating at a temp that won't decrease the CPU's life span." Then no way! There is nothing safe about a CPU idling at 70C. You won't get any life span out of a CPU that you spend 350.00+ for. It's just plan stupid. Also, it's so freakin' power hungry. Talk about unenvironmentally friendly... Were's your green thumb intel...

The only two Intels that I like are the 3.2E GHz Socket 478 and the 2.8GHz LGA 775 - Both Prescott's. They did something very right with those two CPU's. They run cool, they over clock very well and they give you great performance in all games and appz. Just from my experience anyway.

Now, that i've got a FX-55... I don't know how I ever used anything else... As for not being a good multitasker? I don't know where people get this stuff from. Benchmarks? I like to base a CPU's performance on realtime activity. Just last night I was burning a DVD, Listening to MP3's, Surfing the web, making a Sig in photoshop and have ton's of appz running in the background. I never once said, "Oh, goosh... I should close some appz... My CPU is bottlenecked." And forget those people that say, "Oh but you can't multitask while playing a game." Who the hell does all that stuff I was doing and plays a freakin' game?" No one...

Rant Complete... LOL

gaara said:
It was never meant to run even close to that hot in the first place, Intel originally intended their 90nm process cores to run in same fashion as the AMD 90nm cores, with less heat dissipation.

no kidding? lol

well put man in a different kind of way.

This may anger a bunch of people but...

Ive always been an Intel Nvidia kinda guy never liked AMD or Radeon. But thats for the fact that i dont play just vid games with my computer also for video editing which is what ive heard (never actually tried) damn near impossible to do.

Im just wondering if the same thing will happen to me prolly will.

How do you know that thermal grease wasn't absolute crap? Did you also try it on an AMD processor?
at first it WAS crappy paste, then replaced by AS5....before that it was the stock pad which was still causing it to overheat.

As for the rest of your paragraph, you are simply the biggest Intel/ATI fanboy I've ever seen in these forums. How is it a lie if he's posting results from crap that really happened to him and his friend?

You are just in your own little world that anything that doesn't glorify Intel or ATI you go on this little 13 year old rant about how it's SUCH A LIE, THIS IS BASHING, BLAH BLAH BLAH, and then you'll turn right around and bash AMD and nvidia. Jesus you are such a contradicting hypocritical person :rolleyes:

lol agreed

AMD processors have no clue what kind of thermal grease they use, it's not like they have sensors...

And Intel do overheat with anything but the best (Artic Silver)

Nubius have i ever told you how much i love the way you talk to people? rofl..... god ive never seen temps that high, not even on my P3 something when the heatsink fan fell off of the heatsink....

Nubius have i ever told you how much i love the way you talk to people?
It takes years of practice to perfect it, although people like shoobie are just naturally born with that gift

EDIT: BTW, I've finally surpassed the major and now have the Number 1 spot for posts :p Only by like 3 currently haha

And they said it couldn't be done!

My comp idles at about 28-29 C, and at full load goes to about 35 C. Not bad. I also have some of that arctic silver thermalpaste. works like a charm.

Nubius said:
at first it WAS crappy paste, then replaced by AS5....before that it was the stock pad which was still causing it to overheat.

As for the rest of your paragraph, you are simply the biggest Intel/ATI fanboy I've ever seen in these forums. How is it a lie if he's posting results from crap that really happened to him and his friend?

You are just in your own little world that anything that doesn't glorify Intel or ATI you go on this little 13 year old rant about how it's SUCH A LIE, THIS IS BASHING, BLAH BLAH BLAH, and then you'll turn right around and bash AMD and nvidia. Jesus you are such a contradicting hypocritical person :rolleyes:

Amen! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom